Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Legend of Zorro

The Mask of Zorro is a favorite of mine and for several reasons, Antonio Banderras, Anthony Hopkins, the action, Antonio Banderras, the sword fighting and did I mention Antonio Banderras?

After learning that they were making a sequel I was very excited, however a little skeptical that a sequel could be as good as the first one. Even after reading what the critics had to say about The Legend of Zorro I still wanted to see this movie. I have learned a long time ago not to pay much attention to critics.

This movie is better than the critics are making it out to be. The first one is definitely better but this one has some great stunts, sword fighting, humor and a lot of heart. I really enjoyed this movie and so did my daughter. We were swept up in the action, Antonio Banderras’ comedic antics and the great chemistry between Banderras and Zeta-Jones. The star of the show (besides Zorro’s magnificent black stallion) was Adrian Alonzo who played their son. He was so much fun to watch. This is a movie for the entire family to enjoy. It has lots of adventure, laughs, and romance. Did I mention it has Antonio Banderras, as well...

I will definitely buy this movie when it comes out on DVD.

|